epoch1970 wrote:
> First thing first, 0.1.0.2-dev-1 works great for me.
>

> I have looked into the logs, and I can correlate the audible "soundstage
> shifts" in my sync group (SB3 and AE, wired, 3 meters apart) to
> Slim::Player::StreamingController::_CheckSync "resync:" events.
>
> I noticed that when the SB3 resyncs, typically at the beginning of a
> song, usually no audible shift happen afterwards. If the software player
> resyncs first at the beginning of a song, usually the SB3 will resync
> moments later, with an audible shift.
> With the SB3, resync logging and audible shift happen at the same time.
> With the software player, the audible effect seems to be delayed by the
> value of the network buffer option.
> I also looked at an SB3 sync group, one wired and one wifi; resync
> events are a rarity, even over track changes.
>
> I tried setting the "Minimum Synchronization Adjustment (ms)" option to
> 1000 on my software player to see the typical values of "playPoints:",
> then set it to 30ms, most playPoints being under this value. This
> removed the audible "shifts", but degraded sync quality.
>
> The exercise is probably vain. With sources something about 6 m. apart
> instead of 3 m., when a sync event happens I cannot perceive any audible
> shift. And I ran this test on my "soft" LMS VM machine anyway.
>
> I did not resist ordering a Zipp mini any longer... Can't wait to put it
> in service as a stand-alone squeezebox :)

I've made 0.1.0.2 the stable version (I think it deserves its name this
time). I've also added a 0.1.0.3-dev-1 for you in whihc I don't tell to
LMS that my "sample points" (reporting time") are accurate, so LMS has
to do a bit of averaging before changing sync. It seems to me that the
phase shift effect has diseappeared (probably at the expense of a slower
de-sync recovery when a spike happens). Let me know what you think

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2