epoch1970 wrote:
> Skip is bad, all soft and wobbly is good! I much prefer this version.
>
> EDIT2: I also noticed the software player (?) does not seem to respect
> the "Synchronized Players Startup Delay (ms)" in LMS
> Advanced>Networking. Mine is set to "1000" because most players control
> their amp via IR Blaster. I shot it to 30.000, my SB3 stayed silent for
> 30sec, and during this time the software player started, stopped,
> restarted... finally they both played totally out of sync. The
> playPoints shift value I read during this time is a huge negative number
> that looks like 30secs, eg -29177.
>
> I will say it again, many thanks for a plugin that performs amazingly
> well. This is just in case you can make it even better ;)

When you say "software players", does it do the same thing with
squeezelite ? Normally, startup delay is taken into account, but I have
to admit that 1/ I have not tested that for a while (it used to work)
and 2/ making the synchronization work with pause, skip and enough
buffering to handle network issue has been very difficult, so I might
have broken something there - I'll check that in a few days (I don't
have access to my AirPlay devices currently)

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2