Hey

bakker_be wrote:
> Below how I've got it filled out. Actually copying music doesn't work
> yet for me (files local on server not yet implemented), but mix creating
> does, connection to the server as well.

Local is now implemented under version 3 which I uploaded to the store a
week or so ago.  Let me know if it's working for you.

bakker_be wrote:

>  "Music Location Server Name": Just fill out what you like, most
> logical is the real "name" of your server.
>  "Music Location IP Address": this needs to be the real IP of the
> server where MusicIP finds the music to scan
>  "Music Location Username": Username needed to connect to the server
> where MusicIP finds the music to scan
>  "Music Location Password": Password needed to connect to the server
> where MusicIP finds the music to scan

Thanks yep a good summary.
The app will look at the mix returned by MIP and then uses a
search/replace method to replace the start of the filename with the IP
address so it can connect and download the music.  So if you have share
permissions setup on that location, you need the username/password
configured.

If you are having trouble connecting to your MIP server from the phone,
open a browser on the phone and check that it can access MIP this will
help determine if it's a firewall issue or not, ie firewall and port
number.  The default port number is 10002, so if MIP server has IP
192.168.0.5 then put in the browser http://192.168.0.5:10002/

Cheers

www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic
journey through your music library using MusicIP.  Plus the finest
MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the
Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.