philippe_44 wrote:
> It's a problem with the SSL layer. You might be a bit more lucky with
> the -static version, but I don't have a ppc machine to test and usually
> these builds are not working very well.

My first attempt was with the static library, but that did not work. So
I tried with various permutation and combinations of configurations to
see if something gives, but I couldn't understand the failure, till I
peaked at the source code. Unfortunately, last time I worked in C was
some 10 years ago, so wasn't sure what to make of the error other then
connection issue.

Oh well, I guess I will have to retire my LMS server