On 09/24/2009 11:59:21 PM, Tony wrote:
> Apologies for the previous duplicate post.

> for a single /24. This is because it's a CHAR value and so it's
> ordered "alphabetically".
>
> Is there a way to sort it properly by IP address (so that .2 comes
> after .1) in either an SQL query or in an XLS sheet ?

Yes, but I don't know the best way offhand.  You can either
have your sql sort by an expression or put that expression
into a function (I think mysql supports this) and sort
by the function result.   The worst sort of expression
would retain the char datatype and just pad each dotted
quad with 0s on the left.   I'm sure there's a better
approach and somebody's probably already implemented it.

Karl <k...@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein