On 9/25/2009 4:03 PM, Aaron Glenn wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Tony<td_mi...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
Is there a way to sort it properly by IP address (so that .2 comes after .1) in
either an SQL query or in an XLS sheet ?

I hesitate to be 'that guy' but, you should look at using PostgreSQL.
I don't know enough about MySQL to make any suggestions specific to
it.

I totally agree; PostgreSQL handles network data types much better then MySQL. It will maintain proper index of the netdata data types.

You can do some sorting in MySQL based on IP:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/miscellaneous-functions.html#function_inet-aton

But this will not use any of the indexes I believe.

Wim