Dejan Gambin wrote:

> Anyway, I shall try put the "header" part tomorrow to see if this can help.

this helped for me with Opera. I never had the problems with IE or
Firefox. In the worst cases you could try something like adding
onUnload="resetMapImg()" to the body tag of map.phtml and put into the
head of this page a function

function resetMapImg() {
    document.getElementById('maplayerimg').src='images/blank.gif';
}

> And one more question - is it necessary to use PHP CGI or may I just use the
> Apache DSO for .phtml rendering?

pmapper uses the basic PHP/Mapscript, so it works with both PHP CGI and
Apache DSO. It just needs 2 or 3 settings in the php.ini as decribed in
the docs.

armin