*p.mapper 1* is more tested and will not change any more directory
structures, etc. Mainly some modifications of query and attribute search
parts are foreseen so far to allow more flexible search (especially with
PostGIS layers) and result display.

*p.mapper 2* is regarded as beta. And I'm planning to investigate once also
some time in a more flexible file/dir structure with basic libraries, config
and customized parts better separated.

Also there might be still some issues with the Ajax requests. I haven't got
any more the problems with the failing map image update, but I am not sure
if that is solved completely. So far I seem to be the only one experiencing
this because there were no postings mentioning that.

pm 2 has advantages in being more flexible how to include it in other
applications (no frames) and use additional DHTML functionality. But the
resizing/(re-)positioning part is not really straightforward currently. I
don't know when I will investigate some time again in this. And since nobody
else seems to want to work on this it might still remain a temporary
solution.

With regard to 'prototype.js' I will check if the current code of pm 2 is
compatible with it, since as I understand prototype.js is not compatible
with some type of array handling. pm 1 should not very much affected by
prototype because it's using only fairly amounts of DHTML/DOM and the
javascript code is not very 'modern'.

armin

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer