Thomas

in my reckless thinking I replaced all free() calls, not noticing that
in MS 6 some were still existing. Probably they kept the ones that are
really needed and had an effect (the ones I tested with long running
loops did not increase any memory).

I will check which of the replaced free() methods are still existing in
MS 6 and chnage them back.

Armin