Hi all

finally I changed the map file and the other config files to use the
data from Natural Earth. I uploaded the vector data to
   http://www.pmapper.net/dl/pmapper5_demodata_vector.zip

The zip contains also the adapted XML, map and js_config.php files.

The raster data are too big, so please download them by yourself
  - shaded relief:
http://www.naturalearthdata.com/http//www.naturalearthdata.com/download/10m/raster/HYP_HR_SR_OB_DR.zip

  - bluemarble: NASA

or remove them from the config files.

Note that the NE data are a bit special regarding the attribute tables.
They have a chaotic mix of upper and lower cases for the dbf fields.
This seems to cause some wrong orders in the result tables of a query. I
will check that sooner or later.

Armin

ps: just noticed: the search needs to be adapted for countries

<field type="s" name="ISO_A2" description="Country" wildcard="2">
     <definition type="options" connectiontype="ms" sort="asc"
        firstoption="*">
         <mslayer encoding="ISO-8859-1" keyfield="ISO_A2"
              showfield="NAME"/>
     </definition>
</field>