Filippo

I do not understand what you mean that your old projects are down... You
need of course different directories for pmapper 5 projects. You cannot
combine the configuration of both versions, but that's quite obvious I
thought...

But the files in one directory named "project1" with pmapper 5 will not
set the site running in directory "project2" with p.mapper 4 unusable.

You can re-use the map file from your older projects. If you define in
the new XML file
   <metadataPrefix></metadataPrefix>
instead of
   <metadataPrefix>PM_</metadataPrefix>

then you can use the old map file without any modifications, otherwise
the specific metadata tags for p.mapper need a "PM_" prefix.

armin