Hi Thomas,

Thx a lot for the explanation, I have chosen to use the nosubmit="1"
parameter.

First field works now, the query is not launched anymore when a suggested
street name is clicked:
<definition type="suggest" connectiontype="db" minlength="1" startleft="1"
sort="asc" *nosubmit="1"*>

So I am a step further, there is still a problem though with the second
field: it doesn't suggest anything:
<definition type="suggest" connectiontype="db" sort="asc" minlength="1"
dependfld="lastname">

Did you manage to test my data? Does it work on your system?
Here, if I choose the street name "Abeilles" and then type "2" in the
second field, nothing is proposed while the numbers "23" , "25", "27" and
"29" are in the db (the one I sent you).

Sorry to insist...

Chris