Hi Armin, Thomas,

I had to deal with another little problem, accents in the street names from
the postgis DB which is encoded in ISO-8859-1.

- They are replaced by a special text character in the drop down menu.
Just need to specify the right dns for both fields in the search.xml file:
<dsn encoding="ISO-8859-1">

The content of the drop down menu is now ok, but as the main html page is
UTF-8 encoded, the query is still sended back to postgis in UTF-8.

- Had to add an utf8_decode in suggest.php, function dbSuggestMatch:
foreach ($dependFields as $fieldName => $fieldValue) {
            *pm_logDebug(3, $fieldValue, "fieldvalue before utf8decode");**
            $fieldValue = utf8_decode($fieldValue); //utf8 -> iso-8859-1
**            pm_logDebug(3, $fieldValue, "fieldvalue after
utf8decode");*

               $sql = str_replace(array('[dependfldval]',
"[dependfldval_$fieldName]"), trim($fieldValue), $sql);
        }

the logDebug shows, when searching the street name "Genève":
[05-Apr-2013 11:18:14] P.MAPPER debug info
fieldvalue before utf8decode
 Genève
[05-Apr-2013 11:18:14] P.MAPPER debug info
fieldvalue after utf8decode
 Genève

Works fine now, don't know if it is the proper way to do it though for an
SVN commit.

Talking about SVN, is it ok for you if I let you know through emails what I
had to correct to have p.mapper working?

Cheers,
Chris