Indeed I've modified the core code to compress files in the same order
than if they were included without compression (in my version js files
are not included in js_session.php).

It is complicated to compare with the "clean pmapper code", because

1) my version is using differently the configuration directory
- "common directory" : /pmapper/config/common/js_config.php *.js *.css
- optionally defined in the final configuration in
"<pm_config_location_common>XXX</pm_config_location_common>" :
/pmapper/config/XXX/js_config.php *.js *.css
- optionally defined in the final configuration in
"<pm_config_location>YYY</pm_config_location>" :
/pmapper/config/YYY/js_config.php *.js *.css

2) I have modified the behaviour of
"<pm_config_common>YYY</pm_config_common>" to include an intermediate
configuration

3) the compressed js are not included at the same place in the 2 versions

4) I've added parameters in the config.xml to indicates what have to be
compressed: js_base, js_plugins, js_config, js_config_reference,
css_plugins_files, css_config_files

To illustrate points 1 and 2, for instance I'm using configurations like
that :
- config_XX-01.xml (with pm_config_common = XX-common and
pm_config_location = XX-01)
     => merged with config_XX-common.xml (with pm_config_location_common
= XX-common)
     => merged with config_common.xml
     => merged with "common/._startup_/.defaults.xml"
So the XML is the compilation of defaults + common + XX-common + XX-01
and the directories : common + XX-common + XX-01
- config_XX-02.xml : same as CC-01, but with pm_config_location = XX-02
and different parameters in the XML
- config_YY-01.xml : ....
So the XML is addition of defaults + common + YY-common + YY-01 and the
directories : common + YY-common + YY-01

NB: config_XX-01 and config_YY-01 could use the same pm_config_location
("01"):
- config_XX-01 => common + XX-common + 01
- config_YY-01 => common + YY-common + 01

or don't define "pm_config_location" at all (just change the logo,
title, mapfile, ... define in the xml):
- config_XX-01, 02, 03, ... => common + XX-common
- config_YY-01, 02, 03, ... => common + YY-common

I didn't add it in pmapper, because it will change the way to define the
configs files.

Thomas

Le 29/07/2013 11:37, Chris forum a écrit :
> [...]
>     >>>
>     >>> Now that Thomas has updated several plugins, I realise I
>     shouldn't have
>     >>> customized them in their own directories.
>     >>>
>     >>> I am now trying to put my changes back into custom.css and
>     custom.js, in
>     >>> order to not loose them at the next general update.
>     >>>
>     >>> I am first trying to do that with the Coordinates plugin where
>     I have
>     >> done
>     >>> some modifications into coordinates.js.
>     >>>
>     >>> So now there is a modded
>     >>> *$.extend(PM.Plugin,
>     >>> {
>     >>>       Coordinates:
>     >>>       {*
>     >>>
>     >>> into my custom.js file, but it is not used/read by pmapper.
>     >>> In order to have it taken into account, I have to delete that
>     part in
>     >>> coordinates.js
>     >>>
>     >>> Am I doing this correctly?
>     >>> Is there a way to have custom.js 'taking the lead' over the
>     plugins
>     >> files?
>     >>> What if a PHP file of a plugin needs to be modified?
>     >>>
>     >>> Cheers,
>     >>> Chris
>     >>>
>     >>

>     >>> See everything from the browser to the database with AppDynamics
>     >>> Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from
>     AppDynamics
>     >>> Isolate bottlenecks and diagnose root cause in seconds.
>     >>> Start your free trial of AppDynamics Pro today!
>     >>>
>     >>

>     >>> pmapper-users mailing list
>     >>> pmapper-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>     <mailto:pmapper-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>     >>>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>

>     >> See everything from the browser to the database with AppDynamics
>     >> Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from
>     AppDynamics
>     >> Isolate bottlenecks and diagnose root cause in seconds.
>     >> Start your free trial of AppDynamics Pro today!
>     >>

>     >> pmapper-users mailing list
>     >> pmapper-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>     <mailto:pmapper-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>     >>
>     >

>     > See everything from the browser to the database with AppDynamics
>     > Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from
>     AppDynamics
>     > Isolate bottlenecks and diagnose root cause in seconds.
>     > Start your free trial of AppDynamics Pro today!

Thomas RAFFIN
Chef de Projet Internet