Chris

I could only guess that this is related to the new way how the JS files
of the plugins are compressed, using "JSMinPlus". The check for custom
JS files under the config directories was there also before, now they
are just referenced in the phtml file at a different place.

That huge difference looks strange to me though.

Try the difference by replacing in incphp/js/js_session.php line 21

   PMCommon::compressJavaScriptFile(...
with
   PMCommon::compressJavaScriptFilePM(...

the latter is using the old hand-made compression as it was before, the
first uses the JSMinPlus library for that. If with the old function it
works fast again I will change it back to this.

Armin