On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:41:12PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
On 6/19/07, Martin Fick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- "H. Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can conditional markup be put a site-wide header
that achieves

   Look for a page named GroupHeader in the
   current group, if that exists we use it,
   otherwise use "fallback" markup.

Or maybe

  (:if ! exists {$Group}.GroupHeader :)
  (:include Site.DefaultGroupHeader :)

since {$Group}.GroupHeader is already included automatically.
If that works, it means the "fallback" Proposal #1 comes "free" with
Proposal #2, does it not?

This fails the (:nogroupheader:) aspect, since Site.DefaultGroupHeader can still end up being included even if a page has (:nogroupheader:) in it.

I don't have time to follow this thread, but I'm confused by what you wrote. I would expect (:nogroupheader:) to prevent inclusion of any $Group.GroupHeader _or_ its fallback, i.e. Site.DefaultGroupHeader

/Christian