Am 01.04.2014 um 21:32 schrieb zyx <z...@litepdf.cz>:
> I see that your changes are quite the same as those at [r1586].

Well, part of my patch file is indeed the same as r1586 (which wasn’t committed
yet when I worked with PoDoFo), but as you noticed, there are also additional
changes.

> Could you try with them, please?

PoDoFo won’t compile without the additional changes I made.

> I also do not quite understand the addition of expat and bzip2
> libraries. Is it, because the fontconfig you use requires it?

Expat is only required by fontconfig. Bzip is required by PoDoFo itself.

> If it's so, then the right change may come to fontconfig, to extend its own
> libs (similar to `pkg-config --libs fontconfig` command, alternatively for
> freetype libs). That way it'll start to work for any other project too,
> instead of patching each individual project which uses fontconfig/freetype.

I use fontconfig in several other projects, and they all compile fine without
adding the expat lib. Only PoDoFo requires that lib for a successful build (but
only if it’s built with fontconfig). Why that is, I have no idea.

> The LUA related changes: I see the lua_open() had been replaced in LUA 5.1,
> and lua_rawlen() had been introduced in version 5.2. I'd say, to keep
> backward compatibility, it'll be good to conditional-compile the code based
> on the used LUA version, rather than replace the functions.

That’s certainly true. However, I had very little time when I built PoDoFo, and
just did a quick and dirty fix for myself. I just wanted to inform you about my
experience; I didn’t mean to suggest to actually commit the very patch file I
sent.

The same is true for the info in my other message (PoDoFo::PdfStream::Set
linker error). CMake can probably be configured to create an Xcode project that
works out of the box in OS X 10.9. However, I don’t know how, so at least I
wanted to report how you can manually correct the Xcode project settings
created by Cmake so that the Xcode project works on OS X.

Bye

Uli