Am 02.04.2014 um 08:53 schrieb zyx <z...@litepdf.cz>:

> you accidentally replied only to me, not to the list (for some reasontwice).

Sorry, I had some mail issues (but I did see my message on this list!?)

> It would be better to reply to the list

Yes, of course.

> I'd appreciate, if you give a try to the changes from r1586,

But I did do this. All I can say is to repeat that I have to apply my
additional changes for PoDoFo to build.

> becausethey did work for someone else,

As far as I understand, r1586 only worked for people which either use Homebrew
or MacPorts (both OS X package managers) which I do not. My whole point is that
if you do not use any package manager on OS X and install all required
libraries from scratch (newest version each), then you’ll additionally need the
changes I made.

>> Expat is only required by fontconfig. Bzip is required by PoDoFo> itself.
> Why is the bzip2 required?

I did not phrase this correctly. bzip2 is actually required by freetype, but
since freetype (contrary to fontconfig) is required (not optional) by PoDoFo, I
unconditionally need bzip2 to build PoDoFo successfully (whereas I need expat
only if I build PoDoFo with fontconfig).

> I build PoDoFo on Linux, and it is not neededat all.

Do you use static or dynamic libraries? I only use static libraries (when
building freetype and fontconfig, as well as when building PoDoFo); maybe
that’s the explanation?

> My podofo-config.h says:

This is mine; I don’t think this makes any difference:

/* Libraries */
#define PODOFO_HAVE_JPEG_LIB
#define PODOFO_HAVE_PNG_LIB
#define PODOFO_HAVE_TIFF_LIB
#define PODOFO_HAVE_FONTCONFIG
#define PODOFO_HAVE_LUA
/* #undef PODOFO_HAVE_BOOST */
#define PODOFO_HAVE_CPPUNIT
#define PODOFO_HAVE_LIBIDN

In any case, the additional Lua patches are obviously necessary if you want to
build with Lua 5.2.

> Any contribution is definitely appreciated, though I would personally also
> like to see "fine-tuned" patches.

Of course. Point is, I’m completely new to PoDoFo, so I do not know it well at
all. In such a situation, I prefer to just point out what went wrong for me,
rather than to suggest "official" patches, which might get things wrong because
of my ignorance.

Bye

Uli