On Fri, 2019-01-18 at 15:05 +0100, Matthew Brincke wrote:
> I'm not sure I can accept the further patches because of the
> (look-like at least for me) ABI changes, before the release
> coming next, I think it'd be 0.9.7 and consist of fixes for
> security vulnerabilities, crashes and exceptions avoidable
> without changing the ABI or API (maybe supporting more uses).

        Hi,
from my point of view, as long as a new release of PoDoFo changes also
its soname version, which it does, the users of the library are require
to rebuild, thus API or ABI changes are not a hidden problem, they will
be discovered (in case of API changes) and taken care of (in case of
ABI changes).

I do not think PoDoFo was ever considered API/ABI stable between
releases, at least since I use it.

I mean, I'd definitely not block good changes due to API/ABI changes in
case of PoDoFo, because PoDoFo is missing the concept of development
and stable releases, which other projects use.
        Bye,
        zyx