On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 04:51  PM, Erick Calder wrote:

>   to POE developers it won't make any
> difference whether they have to learn the UML or some other notation
> (just
> reiterating Torvald's point).  and as was pointed out before, selecting
> the
> UML as the notation of choice will make Perl and POE more eligible
> amongst
> crowds that currently only work in C++/Java.  Additionally, since design
> tools already exist for UML the POE team's efforts to create tools will
> reduce to modifying existing code.
>
> I do agree that UML is more than we need, but we don't have to use all
> of
> it.

honestly, i'm not sure why we're discussing then when a UML generating,
XML file format application already exists. http://omnigroup.com - see
omnigraffle.  It does UML, does pretty pictures, and uses XML as its
main file format. seems to do everything everyone seems to want.

----
Matt Cashner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://eekeek.org