On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:40:12PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So we should talk about the semantic model. Illustatring this with notations
> might seem useful, but as we experienced in this thread it really produces
> misunderstandings. So we will have to give specifications. Which leads us
> to the UML specification, again. And this is what I suggest, reading the
> UML specs and discussing if (and how) we have to adjust or extend it to fit
> POE.
>
> As this might require too much time, reading tutorials or introductions
> would be enough as well to be able to know what is being talked about.
> The UML specs can be found on www.omg.org/uml (can't give a direct url,
> get no connection atm). If other people find good introductions/tutorials
> it might be helpful to post the URLs here.

I have spent the better part of the weekend and Monday researching the
UML.  I still don't know enough to discuss it, but I have been
avoiding reading the specification directly.

-- Rocco Caputo / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / poe.perl.org / poe.sf.net

Object Modeling Group's UML page
http://www.omg.org/uml/

Domain Modeling Environment - a free UML tool
http://www.htc.honeywell.com/dome/

free UML tools
http://www.bcs-oops.org.uk/cgi-bin/view/Technical/FreeUMLTools

more UML tools
http://www.objectsbydesign.com/tools/umltools_byCompany.html

18,000 links on objects, components, and methodolgies
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_ooa_ood_methods.html

online available UML publications
http://www.jeckle.de/uml_pub.htm

Embarcadero's UML support pages
http://www.embarcadero.com/support/uml_central.asp

Marc's UML document collection
http://www.isg.de/people/marc/UmlDocCollection/UMLDocCollection

object oriented analysis and design resources
http://members.iinet.net.au/~lonsdale/courses/lons001/examples.htm

free UML training and tutorials
http://www.intelinfo.com/newly_researched_free_training/UML.html

an OO design portal
http://www.objectsbydesign.com/

UML 1.4 specification by chapter
http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/uml_2.htm

UML 1.4 spec in its entirety
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?formal/01-09-67

UML web resources
http://www.jeckle.de/umllinks.htm#tutorials

UML resource center
http://www.popkin.com/customers/customer%5Fservice%5Fcenter/enterprise%5Farchitecture%5Fresource%5Fcenter/uml.htm

Whitepaper: Modeling Web Applications with UML
http://www.conallen.com/whitepapers/webapps/ModelingWebApplications.htm

The CTDP UML Guide
http://www.comptechdoc.org/independent/uml/begin/index.html

OO Software Architecture - 4. UML
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~hoover/cmput401/SoftwareArch/section/uml.htm

Dick's UML notes (possibly one of the better links)
http://www.csci.csusb.edu/dick/samples/uml.html

UML "cheat sheet"
http://developer.samsona.com/Developer/Methodology/UMLCheatSheet.asp

UML links for people at CERN (available publicly)
http://atddoc.cern.ch/Atlas/DaqSoft/sde/uml/uml.html

Practical UML
http://www.togethersoft.com/services/practical_guides/umlonlinecourse/index.html