> honestly, i'm not sure why we're discussing then when a UML generating,
> XML file format application already exists.

tools for expressing the model are only part of it.  what Torvald is trying
to point to here (Torvald: correct me if I'm wrong), is that using someone
else's language makes more sense than creating one.  if we chose a
nomenclature for what we call things within the model that is already in
use, it will be easier for others to understand what POE is doing and how
it's built, and if that language happens to be UML then POE developers get
some ready made tools to boot.