On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 13:52, Peter Chen wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 16:34, Rocco Caputo wrote:
> > I seem to have fixed it, but I don't remember when.  The fix isn't the
> > same as your code, but it seems equivalent.  Could you test it to make
> > sure that it fixes your SOAP server and doesn't break anything else?
>
> Will do.

I just tested this with some of the simplest cases.  After 6 clients
connecting to the PoCo::SOAP server concurrently making a total of 2000
requests, every thing seems to work.  The next step is to test this in a
bigger application.

I do have a question regarding the change in PoCo::Server::TCP (revision
1.24 from CVS server) though.  It appears that if it gets a read error 0
(the client stops writing to the socket), it will shut down the handler
session.  I am not sure whether this is the desired behavior.

I can imagine situations where the user may want to have more control
over when the handler session is shutdown.  For example, what happens
when a read error 0 is received by the server before the server
completes handling the request?  In several instances, upon ClientInput,
I use POE::Wheel::Run to handle some long running commands.  If the
server shuts down the handler session upon a read error 0, it will never
have a chance to send back a response.

If this a behavior that we wish to preserve for backward compatibility,
perhaps it can be achieved by adding an additional option to indicate
whether the handler session should automatically shutdown upon a read
error?

Pete