On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 18:19, Rocco Caputo wrote:
> I opted against using option() for this right now.  Moving trace to
> _trace (and the others) is a public interface changes that will take
> months to implement.  Moving the component options to option() would
> also take a long time.  Rather than wait for all that, I added a
> "shutdown_on_error" value to the heap.
>
> That's also bad, but I don't think it's as bad.  Changes have been
> committed to cvs; let me know how it works.

Is there some way of setting this option within
PoCO::Server::TCP->new() method?

The current code as of Revision 1.26 requires $HEAP->{shutdown_on_error}
to be set in a connection handler session.  The only mean would be to
set this option in one of the Client* state handlers (most likely
ClientError).  Would it be cleaner to have this available directly from
new()?  For example,

 POE::Component::Server::TCP->new
            (
             Alias             => $alias,