On (02/20 14:01), Rocco Caputo wrote:

> Here's a summary of what we've discussed so far.  Keep in mind that
> Scott's original goal was to make wheels faster, not to make call()
> syntactically sweeter.

let's keep in mind that this was a sidebar discussion that got started
because of an off hand comment i made about session-only stuff going on
in kernel.pm.

let's also keep in mind that this api discussion was started in spring
of 2002 as a replacement or addition to yield();

i don't actually care about scott's patch or goal at this point. i was
and am interested in a completly separate but perhaps intersecting api
discussion.

it seems that discussion can't happen at this point without it getting
dragged into scott's patch. so i'll wait another two years before
bringing it up again...

--
Matt Cashner
http://eekeek.org