On (02/07 15:53), Rocco Caputo wrote:

> I think the tests should be generated at "make test" time.  We get a
> smaller distribution this way.

you've never been terribly concerned about a really small distribution
before. we've shipped 10K of examples until really recently. i'd much
rather ship 10K of real honest to god easy to read and maintain tests.

> Once the generation phase is done, Test::Harness executes specific and
> generated tests as usual.

what happens when test generation fails? how do we include tests for the
test generation framework?

> The major difference between revisions is that Sean pointed out some
> test environments that I missed.  So we have a potential for many more
> test files, but we also test more of POE.

then i completely misread it. or it changed drastically from the time
you showed it to me in irc to the time you sent it to the list.

my opinion is still that you are suggesting a massive new complexity of
autogenerating self-building tests that isnt really necessary. this
level of complexity will form a roadblock to long term maintenance and
developer understand. unless of course you're planning on the only
person doing long term maintenance or developing on this being you. if
that's what you're thinking, go for it. do whatever you want.

--
Matt Cashner
http://eekeek.org