Rocco> POE still ships with about 200K of samples, and it will continue to
Rocco> until they're replaced by cookbook recipes or tutorials.  The plans
Rocco> have been on display for months at
Rocco> http://poe.perl.org/?POE_RFCs/Deprecate_Sample_Program

I've read that, and disagree.  Even if you have only a few dozen
examples in the distro, you should consider the person who is on an
expensive connection, or gets the CPAN via sneakernet.

Don't remove all examples from the distro.  At 30K feet, they were
very helpful for me while I was trying to write code, but couldn't get
to the website.  Or maybe make a simple "one-stop-download" link on
the website.