On Aug 27, 2005, at 17:26, Erick Calder wrote:

On Aug 26, 2005, at 16:27, Jeff Lowrey wrote:

    use POE::Component::Server::MDP::POEQueueProvider;

is a server really a component? wouldn't POE::Server::MDP make more sense?

As far as I know, applications don't need namespaces at all. If this is the case, why bother giving it a name at all?

This gives me the opportunity to briefly discuss POE::Stage again. Source is browsable at http://thirdlobe.com/projects/poe-stage/ browser/trunk/ . It's a prototype base class for the next generation of POE component, solving a number of current problems that POE::Component has.

1. Long name. POE::Stage is shorter to type and easier to say, even if it's not nearly as descriptive. Suggestions welcome.

2. Inconsistent call signature. Event handlers receive two parameters: my ($self, $args) = @_;. $args is a hash reference with named parameters. You don't need to memorize the contents of ARG3 as it varies for each component's response.

3. Fiddling with $_[HEAP] to match response data with request contexts. POE::Stage uses powerful magic to make sure parts of $self are always relevant for the current request and/or response context an object currently is in.

4. Session-scoped resources. Thing of the past. POE::Stage's class- based event watchers are object-scoped, which is way easier to comprehend.

5. Others? I forget. It's been a while since I've poked at the project. If you have some time and inspiration, grab yourself a copy from the repository: svn co https://thirdlobe.com/svn/poe-stage/trunk .

--
Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED]