On Aug 27, 2005, at 17:46, Jeff Lowrey wrote:

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 05:16:06PM -0400, Rocco Caputo wrote:

On Aug 26, 2005, at 16:27, Jeff Lowrey wrote:

    use POE::Component::Server::MDP::POEQueueProvider;

Wow, that's long, and Provider seems to overlap with Server.
POE::Component::MDP::QueueProvider still has some length to it, but
it sounds a lot less redundant.  I assume there will be a lot of
modules below POE::Component::MDP.

I'm happy to move up from Server.

There will in fact be several different Providers, I have two now and will, I think, shortly do one for a Thread::Queue. So I can't really use "QueueProvider" for the one I showed, since they will all be queue providers. I could go with just POEProvider. But that might be redundant... Brevity should never fall before clarity except in the service of obfuscation. Well, maybe not never..

POE's role in MDP sounds more marginal as this thread continues. Maybe there should be a top-level MDP distribution, including MDP::QueueProvider::POE, MDP::QueueProvider::Thread, etc.

If MDP is generic and expansive enough, the CPAN Gods may bless it with a top-level namespace grant.

--
Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED]