From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > No, this is not the problem ATM.
>
> Yeah, got that now. thanks. the huge list scrolling by scared me :)
>
> > Do this for me please: remove the xmlvalidate and rerun the build docs.
>
> Sorry, same problem
>
> <Trace>
> owdocs:
> ERROR   10185   [        ] (): Could not configure Cocoon environment
> org.xml.sax.SAXException
>         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.j
> ava:1193)
>         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:241)

>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Unknown Source)
> FATAL_E 10185   [        ] (): Exception caught
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
trying t
> o load configurations
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Unknown Source)
> </Trace>
>
> So, the situation at the moment is:
>
> 1. xmlvalidate will work in 1.4 and 1.3 by adding a className attribute to
the
> tag.

Added to my local version and made validation separate from the centipede
docs target.

> 2. owdocs target fails for me in 1.3 with the above error, but works fine
in
> 1.4 .. so possibly another xml parser issue ??

I checked and the Xerces parser seems to be correctly in the Cocoon
classpath.

Now I'm downloading JDK1.3.1_02 to debug this myself.

Are you sure that you don't have any system property that points to another
parser?
Are you sure that you don't have other parsers in the /jre/lib/ext
directory?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -