From: "Glen Stampoultzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> dist build is working much better now.  A few of small nits:
>
> * index.html does not work (but the sliding boxes look pretty groovy)

Oh, will check it.
AFAIK is should work after a "all" build is done.
Anyway, I will remove it and place it in the autogenerated documentation
that I'm doing.
More on this later.

> * it picks up everything... unfortunately this includes my project file
and
> temporary files I create.

Well, it's made to pick up everything except what CVS ignores.
But the temporary files... ugh.
Please tell me what gets in that shouldn't.

> * the tar file does not get compressed

Ok, will fix.

> * tools/tmp gets included.

Oh yeah, you're right.

> * the expanded cents get included (it really should only pick up the jars)

Again, correct. Will fix.

> BTW, what's the difference between dist and quickdist?

Well, the old dist was done by first checking all the build targets, first
one by one then one after the other. Quickdist just performed junit tests
and did the dist.

As experience has showed us, the old dist build is not a good deal.

So I made the (corrected ;-) quickdist the new dist, and put the old dist as
one of the tests.

Here are the things that I'm going through and need to do to finish
Centipede 1.0, after fixing your points:

A: Docs, Docs, Docs... (in progress)

1. make the cents autodownloadable (done)
2. make the libs autodownloadable (in progress)
3. add the uml view link in the docs (almost done)
4. add a standard section in the docs with centipede made docs
5. make current index.html part of the docs
6. make a more simple index.html
7. make more nice looking default stylesheets for the simple index.html
8. make a DTD for build.xml, where you can only call cents or other builds
9. make an "interactive" task like Andy wants
10. add a webapp target

            - verba volant, scripta manent -