On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Daniel Noll wrote:
Digging through the object graph using a debugger now, and getting somewhere perhaps a little more useful than comparing dumps.

Armed with your description of comments, I've been able to set up a file with them in

I then ran org.apache.poi.hslf.dev.SlideShowDumper against the file with and without, then compared the two dumps with xdiff

I can confirm that under Document->List->ProgTags (type 5000)->ProgBinaryTag (type 5002), the BinaryTagData (type 5003) was altered

Then, under the Slide->ProgTags->ProgBinaryTag, the BinaryTagData was also updated

So, looks like you are probably correct in guessing that who made the comment is in the BinaryTagData under document (and with the time of the edit?), and the comment itself is under the BinaryTagData of the Slide

Alas, all the documentation I can find on BinaryTagData is "The value of PST_ProgBinaryTag is the size of the binary data.", which isn't much help

Do let us know how you get on with understanding the contents of it!

Nick