On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Andrew Golebiowski wrote:

> October 31, 1999
>
> Finding something you can believe in
>
> By R. CORT KIRKWOOD-- Ottawa Sun
>

> Indeed, Christians are called upon to correct lies, not to overlook them.

  True, Mr. Kirkwood. May I suggest you write another article calling for
unrestricted opening the Vatican Archives on Pius XII for the historians.

> Unhappily, Catholics do overlook them as if nothing had happened. We've come
> a long way from the Crusades, when Christians laid down their lives for the
> Cross.

  In your opinion it is bad, very bad, is it not?

  You may know that during the Crusades the Catholics massacred many
thousands of non-Catholics in the Holy Land. And by the way, before a
crusade, they massacred (for training purposes perhaps) tens of thousands
of Jews in West/South Germany.

  I presume, in your opinion nothing had happened except that we've come a
long way... Unhapilly, is it not?

> As for Hitler's Pope, I don't believe he existed.

  Then go and defend your beliefs. I suggest to Cambridge, UK, with a
Damascus steel sword. Perhaps you will not have to even lay your
life down since in both the UK and Canada there is no capital punishment.

  Andrew Kobos

Odpowiedź listem elektroniczym