Just a thought, but couldn't you also do this in main.cf:

defer_code = 451

What else would this effect?  Any unwelcome side effects?

On May 18, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Andy Lee wrote:

I think this will work, but will require a recompile.

Edit line 75 of policyd.h from:

#define POSTFIX_GREYLIST "action=defer_if_permit Policy Rejection-"

to:

#define POSTFIX_GREYLIST        "action=451 Policy Rejection-"

I haven't tried this yet but here's why I think it'll work:

The Postfix SMTP Access Policy Delegation documentation (
http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_POLICY_README.html ) says:

"The policy server replies with any action that is allowed in a
Postfix SMTPD access(5) table. Example:

    action=defer_if_permit Service temporarily unavailable
    [empty line]

This causes the Postfix SMTP server to reject the request with a 450
temporary error code and with text "Service temporarily unavailable",
if the Postfix SMTP server finds no reason to reject the request
permanently."

So since any 4NN code is a valid action just like DEFER_IF_PERMIT
(mapped to 450 by default) according to
http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html, we should be able to replace it
with 451.

If someone knows better, please correct me before I try it directly on
my production server :)

Andy