Hi,

I have a setup of 6 MX servers, each running policyd and a database
server with approximately 9 million records in the triplet table.

Recently every now and then the MX's starts timing out when attempting
smtp connections to it and on closer inspection I can see the default
maxproc of postfix has been reached.

Postfix config is pretty standard with virtual mailboxes etc, policyd
has the following enabled;

FAILSAFE
DATABASE_KEEPALIVE
DAEMON
WHITELISTING
BLACKLIST_HELO
HELO_CHECK
GREYLISTING

I've set the maxproc to 500 for now and closely monitoring the server
and database server.

mx03:~# ps aux | grep smtpd | wc -l
297

Has anyone here come across this behaviour? Any suggestions?
Previously I had postfix-gld running and never came across this...

Many thanks in advance.