Hi,

Thanks for the pointers.

I have looked around and it seems that a higher than default maxproc
value is not unusual in large mailhub environments.

I treated it as suspicious behaviour since we've been running the same
setup for several years (default maxprox (100)) without any problems.

Below are the settings I have;

TRIPLET_TIME=4m

Cleanup is performed 01:30 AM every day.

30 1 * * * /usr/local/policyd/cleanup -c /usr/local/policyd/policyd.conf

mysql query:

mysql> SELECT _count,_datenew,_datelast FROM triplet WHERE
_host='210.98.1' AND
_from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]' AND
_rcpt='[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
+--------+------------+------------+
| _count | _datenew   | _datelast  |
+--------+------------+------------+
|      0 | 1188547827 | 1188547827 |
+--------+------------+------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

postfix main.cf:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
reject_invalid_hostname,reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_non_fqdn_recipient,reject_unknown_sender_domain,reject_unauth_pipelining,permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination,
        reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
        reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
        #check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:2525
        check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031

We are running a DNS cache locally, and policyd is running on a
dedicate database server handling all mail related stuff (Postfix
transports/virtual users etc).

Thanks for the whitelisting tip - at the moment I am not whitelisting
anyone but will soon do.

Thanks again for your pointers.