Hi Rianto/Tobias,

Thanks a lot for the information.

I changed the smtpd_timeout, smtpd_error_sleep and smtpd_delay_reject
on the MX's and within the first 2 hours I can already see a huge drop
on the maxprocs used.

I am keeping an eye on the servers over the weekend and will know
whether this has solved  the problem for good during the course of the
week when these servers are at their busiest.

Again thanks for the info.

Leon