Tobias Kreidl wrote:
> I am getting some odd results when I try to send mail that contains one
> or more invalid addresses -- I don't want the mail client to reject
> sending the message altogether, just report back the errors. It seems as
> if I get greylisted almost immediately, which shouldn't happen (I
> thought) unless I exceed a certain number of tries within a certain
> length of time.

The point of greylisting is precisely that, to immediately reject
the first delivery attempt and force the sending MTA to resend the
message N minutes later, which at that point will be accepted.

> A brief explanation to the above: We want to throttle any senders,
> excepting specific IP addresses/subdomains in the whitelist, so
> everything goes first through policyd to "tag" each and every message.

You are talking about 2 different modules, greylisting and sender
throttling is 2 different beasts altogether. If you're only interested
in doing sender throttling, disable greylisting and your problem goes
away.

Regards,
Cami