> I have detected that my installed version of Polipo throws the message
> "502 Couldn't parse server headers" when I try to browse the website
> "http://richard-falken.com";. The website works ok when I test it with a
> non-proxied web browser.

> I have noticed the server response contains "Upgrade: h2c" when telneting
> to the web server. Maybe this http/2 mess is confusing the software?

Yes.  Please see

  https://github.com/jech/polipo/issues/81

I don't have time to deal with Polipo right now, so I'm looking for
somebody to contribute a well-tested patch.  Note that Polipo already
deals with the "Connection" header according to spec, so it's a simple
matter of treating "Upgrade" as just any other header.

-- Juliusz