> I think that the one in violation of the specs is the server in this
> case.

Right, thinko.

But that's not the issue I'm worried about.  If the client says
"Connection: Upgrade", we correctly discard the Upgrade.  On the other
hand, if the client says just "Upgrade: foo" with no suitable "Connection"
header, we'll tunnel the Upgrade request, which is not correct since we
cannot handle the upgraded protocol.

In that case, we'll err-out when we receive the 101 answer.  But perhaps
we should preemptively drop the Upgrade header in any case?  I guess I'll
leave it as it is, until somebody reports an issue.

-- Juliusz