Regarding the credibility of UFO reports: Richard Dolan's UFOs and the National
Security State contains hundreds of them, and most of them ring true to me --
they do not have the look and feel of fabrications.  If you datamine them,
you'll see the same patterns coming up repeatedly in reports from all over the
world.  Where there is this much smoke, there is probably fire.  There is
little sense in Dolan's survey of the evidence that any governments are in
control of what is going on -- other than control of the cover-up and
systematic ridicule of UFO eyewitnesses.  The real action on UFOs has been
buried deep inside the national security state, far out of the view of the
general public.

So: ETs may be real AND certain parties at the highest levels of the national
security state may also be playing ET memes in a manipulative way.  Or, the
most disturbing scenario: the highest levels of  the national security state
may be under the control of ETs.  It all sounds very crazy, I know.  But the
universe may be a wild and crazy place.

Now: if we were being visited by various species of ETs, with varying and
conflicting agendas, and that are answerable to other parties and interests
outside of our solar system whose intelligence vastly exceeds our own, then the
conspiracy possibilities would break the minds of most human beings.  Might as
well just go with the flow and pretend everything is normal.

Albert Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Agree with  Sean's analysis of alien species, and Vigil's separation of aliens
from UFOs is not necessarily the same phenomen.

Haven't read Dolan, but will check him out on amazon.

YOu wrote:
>>very credible UFO sightings coming from all around the world, often from the
>>most reliable of sources, and often supported by radar and photographic
>>evidence. <<

UFO sightings are often composed of 'adjectival phrases,' an adjective-noun
usage. In above, a source is credible or not, but it is not more or less
credible. Credibility of source is a major problem in MSM; to cite merely as a
'credible source' is equivalent of citing an unnamed source with credibility
well within the sphere of unpredictability.

The radar and photo evidence are all quite capable of manipulation, and images
are usually fuzzy, faraway, grainy, very 1960-ish.

I haven't seen the source credibility in reports of UFOs to be able to
ascertain if all  available information is used when conclusions are drawn. A
UFO sighting reported by a 'reliable source' in Bumfuk, Argentina,  doesn't
exactly inspire my confidence in the report. If the report would have said,
'the president of Argentina met today at noon in the town square with a
representative of an alien race,' or similar event, I might find the report
more believable because I know I can find corroborating reports all across MSM.
It just hasn't happened.

An axiom of source credibility is that a credible source must be visible
(identified, named).

Source credibility is damaged by other issues. Our educational system is loaded
with zionists; why should we expect 'the truth' from intellectuals and
'experts'? If they can establish themselves as experts with awards and degrees
with ease, why would a single 'expert' have any more believability or
credibility than the results of a debate between Dershowitz and Finkelstein?

Events have believability,  credibility, and verifiability when observed
directly. Information not observed directly is second-hand, and loses
credibility and verifiability the further it is removed from it's source.

>From Invisible Enemy:
"Pre-propaganda promotes social disorder: crime, murders, rapes, robbery, and
defenses of criminals over victims, and uses the legal system to promote ethnic
and racial outrage. The Rodney King and O. J. Simpson trials of the 1990s are
the now-classic examples of antisocial vehicles carrying the negative messages
of race and sex. Equally destructive pre-propaganda are the ethnic themes of
Nazi racial attitudes, victimization of Jews, Polish brutality and stupidity,
Arab backwardness, violence on the part of Italians, and bigotry against the
Irish that are regular features of print and cinematic media. Recognizing
unfocused hatred as a spontaneous and common sentiment, pre-propaganda supports
political propaganda each time it designates someone as the  source of all
misery. (“Any tall tale will be believed once it enters into the passionate
current of hatred…the less educated and informed people to whom propaganda of
agitation is addressed, the easier it is to make such
 propaganda….”)15 Ellul refers to this as the propaganda of developed nations
and characteristic of our civilization, which did not exist before the
twentieth century. It is a propaganda of conformity.16

Abboud cites Jacques Ellul classic Propaganda. Check this link:
http://www.voxpublishing.com/IE/TheMassMediaIE.pdf

Sean McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                             Some UFOs are probably top secret craft under the
control of terrestrial governments and companies.  But quite a few others have
exhibited behavior that is well beyond the capabilities of earthly
technologies, especially in the fifties and sixties.   See Richard Dolan.  I
haven't read William Lyne.

Vigilius Haufniensis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

whether we are or have been visited by  extraterrestrials is a separate
question from the UFO phenomenon.  i think   its plain that these craft are top
secret military industrial  atmosphere-to-space craft.  i think they are also
powered by what tesla  called "starlight."  has  anyone read william lyne's
material?