  From: Sean McBride
  To: political-research@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 10:19 AM
  Subject: Re: [political-research] Re: MJ12, UFOs and the FBI

  A few years ago, in an exchange on cia-drugs with Phoenix from High Times, I
took precisely the position you are taking now.  Richard Dolan's book has
pushed me off that position.  The government infighting about how to handle the
UFO controversy seems real, many of the UFO sightings and reports seem credible
in a consistent way, and the government coverup appears to be straightforward.
If you give Dolan's book some serious attention (read it carefully from front
to back), perhaps you will also change your mind; maybe not.

  If UFOs are a psyop, it is a huge psyop, truly massive.  The powers that be
must have big plans for it down the line (probably as a device for establishing
a world government under the cover of a new world religion).  But maybe it
isn't a psyop.  Perhaps it is as difficult for us to believe that we are being
visited by aliens as it was for previous generations to believe that the world
is round or that our planet revolves around the sun.

  I assume you've assimilated all these authors and sources as you approach the
UFO discussion:

  Bob Lazar
  Budd Hopkins
  David Jacobs
  Don Berliner
  Donald Keyhoe
  Howard Blum
  Ivan Sanderson
  J. Allen Hynek
  Jacques Vallee
  James MacDonald
  Jim Marrs
  John Lear
  John Mack
  Linda Moulton Howe
  Nick Redfern
  Philip Corso
  Raymond Fowler
  Richard Dolan
  Stanton Friedman
  Steven Greer
  Timothy Good
  Whitley Strieber
  William Cooper

  For newcomers to UFO controversies, I'd start with Dolan, then do Greer, then
maybe do Corso.

  tim_howells_1000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    I have not really studied this, but I have followed up on some
    tantalizing leads, and have always come away disillusioned. Reports
    sound totally off the wall when you get a more unvarnished version
    of the witness testimony, for example.

    Based on what I've seen, this is a massive psyop with many aspects.
    I think the MKULTRA crowd is interested from a Jungian angle on the
    potential for a new religion for a number of purposes - the ever
    popular mass psychosis for example.

    Secondly I think this makes a real neat tar-baby for a conspiracy
    theorist like myself - just like the 911 no-planers. It's a nifty
    kind of reducto ad absurdum for a conspiracy monger like me. I
    really don't know how to fight it.

    Re the odd response of the govt agencies - my take is that they are
    overtly "debunking" but covertly encouraging, and deliberately are
    leaving the paper trail that Dolan is writing about to keep the myth
    growing.

    Tim

    --- In political-research@yahoogroups.com, Sean McBride
    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    > Regarding the credibility of UFO reports: Richard Dolan's UFOs and
    the National Security State contains hundreds of them, and most of
    them ring true to me -- they do not have the look and feel of
    fabrications. If you datamine them, you'll see the same patterns
    coming up repeatedly in reports from all over the world. Where
    there is this much smoke, there is probably fire. There is little
    sense in Dolan's survey of the evidence that any governments are in
    control of what is going on -- other than control of the cover-up
    and systematic ridicule of UFO eyewitnesses. The real action on
    UFOs has been buried deep inside the national security state, far
    out of the view of the general public.

    > So: ETs may be real AND certain parties at the highest levels of
    the national security state may also be playing ET memes in a
    manipulative way. Or, the most disturbing scenario: the highest
    levels of the national security state may be under the control of
    ETs. It all sounds very crazy, I know. But the universe may be a
    wild and crazy place.

    > Now: if we were being visited by various species of ETs, with
    varying and conflicting agendas, and that are answerable to other
    parties and interests outside of our solar system whose intelligence
    vastly exceeds our own, then the conspiracy possibilities would
    break the minds of most human beings. Might as well just go with
    the flow and pretend everything is normal.

    > Albert Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    wrote: Agree with Sean's analysis
    of alien species, and Vigil's separation of aliens from UFOs is not
    necessarily the same phenomen.

    > Haven't read Dolan, but will check him out on amazon.
    >
    > YOu wrote:
    > >>very credible UFO sightings coming from all around the world,
    often from the most reliable of sources, and often supported by
    radar and photographic evidence. <<

    > UFO sightings are often composed of 'adjectival phrases,' an
    adjective-noun usage. In above, a source is credible or not, but it
    is not more or less credible. Credibility of source is a major
    problem in MSM; to cite merely as a 'credible source' is equivalent
    of citing an unnamed source with credibility well within the sphere
    of unpredictability.

    > The radar and photo evidence are all quite capable of
    manipulation, and images are usually fuzzy, faraway, grainy, very
    1960-ish.

    > I haven't seen the source credibility in reports of UFOs to be
    able to ascertain if all available information is used when
    conclusions are drawn. A UFO sighting reported by a 'reliable
    source' in Bumfuk, Argentina, doesn't exactly inspire my confidence
    in the report. If the report would have said, 'the president of
    Argentina met today at noon in the town square with a representative
    of an alien race,' or similar event, I might find the report more
    believable because I know I can find corroborating reports all
    across MSM. It just hasn't happened.

    > An axiom of source credibility is that a credible source must be
    visible (identified, named).

    > Source credibility is damaged by other issues. Our educational
    system is loaded with zionists; why should we expect 'the truth'
    from intellectuals and 'experts'? If they can establish themselves
    as experts with awards and degrees with ease, why would a
    single 'expert' have any more believability or credibility than the
    results of a debate between Dershowitz and Finkelstein?

    > Events have believability, credibility, and verifiability when
    observed directly. Information not observed directly is second-hand,
    and loses credibility and verifiability the further it is removed
    from it's source.

    > From Invisible Enemy:
    > "Pre-propaganda promotes social disorder: crime, murders, rapes,
    robbery, and defenses of criminals over victims, and uses the legal
    system to promote ethnic and racial outrage. The Rodney King and O.
    J. Simpson trials of the 1990s are the now-classic examples of
    antisocial vehicles carrying the negative messages of race and sex.
    Equally destructive pre-propaganda are the ethnic themes of Nazi
    racial attitudes, victimization of Jews, Polish brutality and
    stupidity, Arab backwardness, violence on the part of Italians, and
    bigotry against the Irish that are regular features of print and
    cinematic media. Recognizing unfocused hatred as a spontaneous and
    common sentiment, pre-propaganda supports political propaganda each
    time it designates someone as the source of all misery. ("Any tall
    tale will be believed once it enters into the passionate current of
    hatred.the less educated and informed people to whom propaganda of
    agitation is addressed, the easier it is to make such
    > propaganda..")15 Ellul refers to this as the propaganda of
    developed nations and characteristic of our civilization, which did
    not exist before the twentieth century. It is a propaganda of
    conformity.16

    > Abboud cites Jacques Ellul classic Propaganda. Check this link:
    > http://www.voxpublishing.com/IE/TheMassMediaIE.pdf
    >
    > Sean McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    > Some UFOs are probably top secret
    craft under the control of terrestrial governments and companies.
    But quite a few others have exhibited behavior that is well beyond
    the capabilities of earthly technologies, especially in the fifties
    and sixties. See Richard Dolan. I haven't read William Lyne.

    > Vigilius Haufniensis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    >
    > whether we are or have been visited by extraterrestrials is a
    separate question from the UFO phenomenon. i think its plain that
    these craft are top secret military industrial atmosphere-to-space
    craft. i think they are also powered by what tesla
    called "starlight." has anyone read william lyne's material?

    entire UFO meme is a psyop that, down the line, will be used to
    justify one bit of chicanery or another by power elites against
    humanity. But Richard Dolan's book made me wonder -- you should
    try reading it in its entirety. It may be one of the most
    important conspiracy books ever to come down the pike.

    > Dolan's focus is on infighting within the American government --
    especially within the military and intelligence communities --
    about how to handle the flood of very credible UFO sightings coming
    from all around the world, often from the most reliable of
    sources, and often supported by radar and photographic
    evidence. As Dolan tells the tale, one senses authentic
    confusion and alarm in the government over UFOs, not a
    Machiavellian calm in foisting an elaborate hoax upon the
    public. Apparently the government, and the CIA in particular
    (which has been intensely interested in UFOs from its founding),
    decided in the early 1950s to put a lid on the UFO story for the
    public while intensively pursuing its investigation of UFOs in
    secrecy. The government was especially worried that letting out
    the truth about UFOs would lead to mass hysteria and social chaos,
    once the human race realized that its official authorities were
    absolutely
    > powerless to deal with the phenomenon.
    >
    > I would be curious to get your take on Dolan's book.
    >
    > Theoretically, I have no problem believing that we might be
    being visited by alien species. The universe may be inhabited by
    millions of life forms and civilizations that are much more
    advanced than the human race in the year 2007. Taking into account
    the rapid evolution of our technology during the last 100 years,
    consider what we might be capable of in 1,000 years if we
    survive. What about civilizations that might be 10,000 years
    ahead of us in development?

    > According to supposedly reliable inside government sources
    (some of whom have been interviewed by Project Disclosure), we are
    being visited by multiple species. Are they lying? Maybe.
    Simply dismissing UFO stories as nonsense may be a mistake.

    > Consider how the human race has treated "lower" species over
    its lifetime. How might "higher" species treat us? As
    livestock? Sushi? Beasts of burden? Lab rats?

    > tim_howells_1000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    > Call me sceptical, but until I can be introduced to one of
    the "visitors" count me out on this one. It's a psyop all the
    way IMO. I notice that Dolan attributes the murder of James
    Forrestal to the great UFO coverup ... There just might be
    more terrestrial interpretations for that one.
    > http://www.book-of-thoth.com/sections-viewarticle-33.html
    > Tim Howells
    >
    > --- In political-research@yahoogroups.com, Sean McBride
    <smcbride2@> wrote:

    > > Sent to you by Sean McBride via Google Reader: *MJ12*,
    *UFOs* and the
    > > FBI via Google Blog Search: Majestic-12 OR MJ-12 UFO OR
    UFOs by unknown
    > > on Apr 29, 2007 Amazingly, next month will mark the 20th
    anniversary of
    > > the first public airing (in Timothy GoodâEURO(tm)s book
    Above Top Secret) of
    > > the so-called MJ12 documents that captured the imagination
    and
    > > attention of the entire ufological field for ...
    > > Things you can do from here:
    > > - Visit the original item on Google Blog Search: Majestic-
    12 OR MJ-12
    > > UFO OR UFOs
    > > - Subscribe to Google Blog Search: Majestic-12 OR MJ-12 UFO
    OR UFOs
    > > using Google Reader
    > > - Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with
    all your
    > > favorite sites

    6/12/2007 9:42 PM