> "Ha, like they would bother chasing us," Derek actually rolled his eyes to
> the ceiling "One look from our girls and we're quaking.  I'm the Precept
but
> damned if I don't know when not to cross our women-folk."
>
> They reached the exit and he spotted Alex and the car as he added wryly
"And
> I'm sure you won't mind having to helped around while you're injured
> either."  He was going to add on something about sponge baths but for
Derek,
> that was going too far even for - what was it that Kat called it? -
> 'goofyness' sake?  What Julia and Nick did with their sponges was their
> business.
>
> =====
>
> "yeah you have a point, I think they would just let us go."
>
> He then laughed at Derek's comment about him liking being helped around,
> "yeah that also sounds nice being helped around all the time." He then
added
> in a whisper, "The nurse even told Julia I would have to have help getting
> in and out of the bathtub."
>
Alex had approached them and caught some of what Nick was whispering.  "I
think that's a little more information than we needed," she told him with a
grin.  "Which one of you is riding with me?  The SUV is here too, so Philips
going to need to drive that."

Alex


Reply via email to