Kat nodded, since she had very few friends she understood that perfectly.

"I'm mad at him too," she added.  "I'm real glad you got rid of him."  She was feeling greatly relieved and a genuine smile came across her face.  She glanced back at Philip remembering her promise to him.  "You better go help Derek," she told him.
 
 
Julia grinned back at her and thought of Nick outside without anyone at the jeep "Hmm, we better raid that candy jar and go help Nick before he tries to beat Derek home in the wheelchair.  Then again... with the way Derek was acting he probably dared him to.  I wish I had a video camera to record them so we could tease them later when the pain medication wore off.  We could watch it with the cartoons and have even more laughs."
 
She chuckled at the thought of catching the reputed no-nonsense Precept on tape acting goofy.  She leaned forward and whispered conspiringly "I wonder how much we could blackmail him for if we got the goods on him like that?"
 

"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. "

Reply via email to