> > "Why would I be mad at you?" Julia asked, returning Kat's stunned
> expression
> > and then looking up at Philip and back to Kat "There's no reason to be
mad
> > at you, Kat."
> >
> > Her lips quirked sheepishly "I thought you were mad at me because of
what
> > Mitchell might have told you."
> >
> > She tucked her hair behind her ear and grinned to herself and Kat as she
> > admitted "Now Mitchell made me mad.  Because he was hurting our family.
> >
> > "But you," Julia added quietly and meaning it "are part of that family
to
> > me.  I was upset thinking he hurt what we'd been able to build between
us.
> > Trust, you shooing people away when they're trying to horn in on our
> > Saturday morning pancakes and cartoons..... us waking Nick up by
bouncing
> on
> > the bed...  I don't want to lose that Kat.  Friends like you are hard to
> > come by you know."

Kat nodded, since she had very few friends she understood that perfectly.
"I'm mad at him too," she added.  "I'm real glad you got rid of him."  She
was feeling greatly relieved and a genuine smile came across her face.  She
glanced back at Philip remembering her promise to him.  "You better go help
Derek," she told him.

Kat


Reply via email to