Julia grinned back at her and thought of Nick outside without anyone at the
jeep "Hmm, we better raid that candy jar and go help Nick before he tries to
beat Derek home in the wheelchair.  Then again... with the way Derek was
acting he probably dared him to.  I wish I had a video camera to record them
so we could tease them later when the pain medication wore off.  We could
watch it with the cartoons and have even more laughs."

She chuckled at the thought of catching the reputed no-nonsense Precept on
tape acting goofy.  She leaned forward and whispered conspiringly "I wonder
how much we could blackmail him for if we got the goods on him like that?"

Kat started giggling at the idea.  "probably the whole house," she said.
"He is acting really funny.  We could tape him once we get home," she
suggest with a mischievous twinkle in her dark eyes.  She could just imagine
his reaction.  "I bet he'd turn awful red if he saw it."

Kat

Reply via email to