Alex didn't miss what Anya was looking at and it irritated her.  However, she kept her professional manner as well.  "If you think you can stomache it, you're welcome to have some.  It's a bit strong."  She had to laugh when the woman asked about Nick helping with the plans for the ball.  She had to be kidding.  First off, she was usually the one who did the whole damned
thing and secondly, "we'll be lucky if we can get Nick to attend the ball. Expecting him to help with the plans is asking a bit much."  She motioned for the woman to follow her and led the way to the kitchen.
 
 
She had the option of asking Alex to bring the coffee here or following the woman to ask more questions.
 
Anya excused herself from Dr. Rayne's presence and followed Alex.
 
"Why doesn't someone get him involved? I mean this is his bread and butter so to speak." she asked "And I recall him being at a function or two.. although I must admit my last real recollection was when there was a dedication here at the mansion.  A madonna and child I believe it was.  talking to some woman with dark hair."
 
She frowned thoughtfully "It would be a shame if he didn't come to this one."

Reply via email to