She had the option of asking Alex to bring the coffee here or following the
woman to ask more questions.

Anya excused herself from Dr. Rayne's presence and followed Alex.

"Why doesn't someone get him involved? I mean this is his bread and butter
so to speak." she asked "And I recall him being at a function or two..
although I must admit my last real recollection was when there was a
dedication here at the mansion.  A madonna and child I believe it was.
talking to some woman with dark hair."

She frowned thoughtfully "It would be a shame if he didn't come to this
one."

"I'm sure he'll come," Alex told her wondering why on earth this mattered so
much to the woman.  "He has little choice in the matter.  But I wouldn't
count on either him or Julia staying for the whole thing.  I'm sure Julia
will be happy to help us and if there's heavy lifting involved we might be
able to recruit Nick, but other than that he has no interest in planning the
event and if you force him to get involved in the planning stages....well he
won't be happy and it isn't very pretty.  Why does this seem to concern you
so?  We have plenty of other work here to keep him occuppied.  Yes, this is
an important event, but the work we do is just as important."

Alex


Reply via email to