<<by popular demand! hehehe>>

An hour later.....

"Kat, you are an excellent cook." Julia complimented her as they finished
cleaning up the dinner dishes, having put them in the dish washer and
cleaning up the table and preparation area.

She slipped her a wink and then covered her mouth and a yawn before looking
at the others "But I feel like I'm so full I could be used as the
Thanksgiving turkey."

Rachel chuckled at that "I'm sure we can all be holiday birds with the way
we all ate."  Then she yawned too and looked at the others and apologizing
"Sorry, that one escaped me."

Julia grinned and put her hands on the back of the chair she had been
sitting at and rolled her neck "Always escapes me if I eat a lot.  You
wouldn't mind if we called it an early night?"

Well, not really early seeing as it was nearing nine already but... they did
have a schedule to keep.

She looked at Philip curiously "And don't you have your first shift coming
up?"

<<since he's here, typing his part w/permission>>

"Aye, that I do." he answered, looking at Alex and Derek "An' these two
promised te drop me off."

Which meant.. it was time for everyone to be going.

Derek stood and nodded once in thanks and compliment to Kat "Excellent
cooking, Kat.  I think I'll have to have you make some of these for the
gala."

Then he turned to Rachel, at the same time helping Alex up by pulling back
her chair when she started to rise "And you take it easy.  There's nothing
pressing at the house."

Rachel mock saluted at him and grinned "Aye aye sir."

"And you," she looked at Kat before motioning her over for a big hug "Be
good, kiddo.  I'll see you soon, okay?"

Julia slipped Nick a look and soon they were all out the front door and
getting into their seperate vehicles.


Philip grinned from the back seat and watched as Kat practically skipped to
the car in her excitement "She doesn't even ha'v a clue and lovin' ever'y
minute o' it."

Derek chuckled as they drove off "I'm not sure who's more excited though..
did you see Nick's expression or Julia's?"

Kat thanked everyone who commented onher cooking, grinning fromear to ear.
She gave Rachel a tight hug, promising to behave and them skipped out to the
car.

"Or Kat's," Ales said to Derek once in the car.  "I think she might have
them both beat."

(might want to drop Kat in a tub someplace, before dressing her up, 8 year
old cooking nad then eating maessing food, yikes!)


Reply via email to