Nick caught Julia in his arms and kissed her again. "We did it" he whispered to her. "So how does it feel to be Julia Boyle?" he
asked.
 
She smiled at the mention of his ribs... she smiled more at the mention of 'Julia Boyle'.  "Say it again." she whispered, letting the others plan the get together behind them and Kat show off her dress.
 
She asked him if he could handle eating something and he agreed with a ' "I think I could take in a few bites as long as you're joining me Mrs. Boyle" '
 
"I love you." she murmured before kissing him again and unbuttoning the first button of his suit.  Nick Boyle who wore a suit if he had to at times, had worn one today, had spoken more about his feelings than ever had, and, unlike years before when he kept a part of himself from most with that protective emotional wall that had been built up after his father's abuse, had opened himself up to one person in a way that.. well that still awed Julia and humbled her. 
 
She reached up and stroked his cheek, looking at the wedding band he had slipped on her finger and then at him, smiling softly and meeting his gaze without having to say another word.  Everything they felt...  "I love my new last name."

Reply via email to